Sunday, December 22, 2013

The Royal Truth Behind the Purple Streak


A few weeks back (more like months), I took a shortcut to a dream of mine, which was to have purple hair. Of course my idea of a dream was all purple in the back of my hair & I am still **considering** doing so but decided to do a test run. Hence..



The Purple Streak.

Once upon a time ago, when I relaxed, occasionally I would dye my hair and figured that it was already chemically processed. How much damage can a little color be more?


(Back in College like 5 years prior to transitioning. Why didn't I do it sooner?)


(A few weeks prior to my BC. Peep the 2 different textures. I was darn near fed up the 50/50 mark. Miss Daisying it with Selfies on our ladies road trip to ATL. Back in my previous life lol Good times!)

Now, I’m quite reluctant.

I do research with other reviews and testimonies on certain products. A few have caught my eye including Manic Panic, which I was first introduced to by one of my fav YouTube vloggers ColouredBeautiful. I’ve read reviews and seen some from many with natural hair. So far, all seems jiggy. However, I still have yet to do it! I’m just worried about my hair lacking even more moisture than usual but eventually I may get there. Work with me!

As some know, the day after Halloween is quite the Trick-or-Treat session for me. I go on a drug store frenzy in search of Halloween make-up, rare candy such as vanilla Tootsie Rolls & my fav false eyelashes! This past Halloween was quite the disappointment in the lash department. To find that many drugstores were either out of lashes, the lashes were repeats from last year’s selection or they were sent back!

Why? So I can anticipate rummaging through the same sorry stash yet again! What kind of mess is that?!

Anywho, in the stash landed a new joy for my stash also known as Friday Night Colored Hair Gel in Gory Grape. I just knew that it would do nothing for my hair but for just under $2, I figured it was worth a try.

Ummm…More like jackpot!





Experimenting with one very noticeable streak in the front, this one application lasted me for roughly 5 days before it became really faded and we went back to the regular scheduled program. All of that to say, I don’t want to sound cliché and say “Expect the unexpected” BUUUUT… this was bomb worthy on my tresses. No lightener or anything of additional required. Looking forward to next year and experimenting with other colors, possibly brands.

Thanks for reading My Loves & God Bless! Have a safe & blessed Merry Christmas if I don't get to you before then!


(Yeah, she's something nothing like a thug lol dig the purple though!)

XoXo –Danita aka Natural Bajan Female

No comments:

Post a Comment