Sunday, May 19, 2013

Urban Roots:Spring Into Summer Launch.. Yup!


Friday May 10, 2013
In between 6 pm and 11 pm.. Where might have you been? Funchal Café possibly? For the Urban Roots: Spring into Summer Launch possibly? If not, SHAME ON YA!!



No really, Shame on me!  I pass this place at least once a week and this was my first time actually stopping by. I showed up to the launch slightly later than I intended but was able to stick around for about 2 hours and must say that I enjoyed myself within that time frame!





It was one of the nicer Spring days that we have had this year. In fact Spring into Summer was THE perfect title. One of those warm nights not too cool, not too hot in the low 60’s. You know when can get away with a long sleeved shirt or cardigan? If you didn’t have one, you were certainly in the right place because not only are the designs & colors appealing, but they are comfortable!

Urban Roots presents you with many great designs in many prints, sayings, colors, sizes meeting the taste of all! Great prices as well!



Now you know that behind the event was a great hostess, my Girl Deidra aka Miss Leopard~N~Stilettos who just celebrated 1 year!! Hey Now…



So what did the Launch have to offer? Besides some funky fresh super fly summer gear? (Ha! Who says that? Can we say 2013 & not 1993?). Funchal was there to provide great food from paninis to salads. Great crowd, the DJ set the mood with some of radio’s TOP 40 to those great classics that gave you the spring to summer feel. You know, those songs that you forgot all about & didn’t realize that you know ALL of the lyrics? Yeah those.







The crowd was nice, mixed and very cool. Waiting patiently over convo, great food, music, and of course viewing and purchasing Urban Roots merchandise for their “winning” raffle ticket to be called. The raffle prizes were great, they varied from Urban Roots merchandise, Mets tickets, and a grand prize cruise that everyone wanted as well.



No bueno. She took an L! :-( lol (Sorry Carol!)


Much Love to one of my FAVE photographers Ajani of Ajani Housen Photography! In the building capturing memories and winning all of the prizes.. Along with Deidra now that I think of it!! Something still funny about that.. LOL JK No but seriously, he claimed the big prize which was a cruise in Manhattan and guess who won?!.. Shame lol




Congrats to Urban Roots on your launch. Ever since, you informed me about this a few months ago it’s been marked in my calendar. I enjoyed the designs, colors & fabric quality are surely alright with me as well. (No discrimination on your snapbacks either! Much love all around!)

I wish you much success!
-Lovely Nita XoXo


Front: Two of my FAVE colors might I add!


Back

PS: Forgive me for acting like an ironless child! lol


Contact:
FB: URRootsofLife
Follow on Twitter: @URRootsofLife
IG: URRootsofLife

3 comments:

  1. Lol hey honey they didnt give us the winning tickets... but it was fun and always great to see you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Love! Maybe next time? Absolutely, it was certainly fun and much needed on that lovely Friday. I'm going to text you about an event soon but thanks for the love as always Girl!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete