Sunday, May 20, 2012

Initial Dr. Miracle Curl Care Review

So as mentioned in the previous post, one of the sponsors for The Experience NYC was Dr. Miracle with their new Curl Care line. I received a full sized bottle of the Nourishing Conditioner and sample sizes of a few other products. This is just my honest opinion on some of the products that I was given. Although I did not pay for these products, in no way shape or form was I paid to review or rate any of the products in Dr. Miracle's Curl Care line. This was done at my own leisure. (Yes believe it or not I said leisure).


Dr. Miracle’s Curl Care line is a “Unique natural complex, with honey and vitamins, helps hold curls for up to 12 hours”







For my opinion on the Nourishing Conditioner check out the video:



**To be true to the review, I did not apply any other products as I usually would with my regular regimen.**

All of the products in The Dr. Miracle Curl Care line appear to be Sulfate & Paraben free as well as sodium and phthalate! :-)

Phthalates are often used in many products and often in cosmetics to help make fragrances last longer. Although they are said to be safe and break down over the period of hours to days, according The FDA there is no clear phthalate effect on health but it is likely to be low on humans and not necessarily on animals.

So I became curious, I searched the bottle as well as the website and saw nothing about testing on animals. I asked the question and I’m waiting for the response.

I looked up the Dr. Miracle line and the Nourishing conditioner alone costs $9.49 per bottle. Wow.. Thanks again for the generosity!




Dr. Miracle Curl Care Soft Hold Creme (Retail Price of entire product $9.49 for 12 oz): Package states: “Infused with aloe to soften and improve elasticity as it keeps your curls in place”. To be used on wet hair and not rinsed out. Use this creme to individually define and hold curls. Perfect for styling two-strand twists or other natural styles.

  • It is very creamy, not thick at all
  • No drastic smell, not much a smell at all really
  • My hair did feel pretty soft once I applied it to my hair & MOISTURIZED. Suhhh-weet!



Dr. Miracle Curl Care Frizz Control Serum (Retail Price of entire product $8.99 for 4 oz): Package states that it has vitamins including vitamin A and Olive oil to fight tough humidity and frizz and and curl shrinkage while it smoothes and adds shine. This can be used on wet or dry hair but use sparingly.

  • I used sparingly by applying in sections and evenly distributing.
  • My hair was damp when I applied it in case you were wondering. Due to the thickness of my hair, I used the entire sample pack on my hair.
  • I honestly like this stuff!! It’s not too thick at all, very consistent and my hair felt very soft and moisturized. I really love the way my hair felt after this step. Honestly!




Dr. Miracle Curl Care Weightless Moisturizing Crème (Retail Price of entire product $8.99 for 8 oz):  Package states that it has coconut & vitamin E to nourish and soften. It is described to be infused with Jojoba and Proteins, this leave-in conditioner detangles hair into soft, bouncy curls, helping to add definition to your curls.

  • This was much thicker than the other products sampled but moisture is what it claimed to do and definitely what I was looking for I think it’s safe to say mission accomplished. I absolutely had to use the entire package on this thickness.
  • My curls definitely bounced a little after so I dig!
  • It smells medicated like a cherry cough drop lol seriously but it’s not bad and usually those are the best types of products for your hair anyway. Overall I approve!




Dr. Miracle products can be purchased online at drmiracles.com or you can find them at your local beauty supply store, Sally’s, Wal-Mart, Walgreens, CVS, Rite-Aid, and Duane Reade.

http://www.drmiracles.com/shop/curl-care/






-Besos

-Lovely Nita



No comments:

Post a Comment