Thursday, May 17, 2012

Nothing fancy... Just my Flat Iron. Flatten my Tresses Babeh.

I have been meaning to do this post for a while now, smh sorry. I've tried many flat irons as a naturalista and if you have been there, you know that there aren't too many that will successfully do the job in one swipe. This one was a life saver while I was transitioning! The young lady who used to do my sew ins put me onto it & I've been hooked ever since! Blah Blah Blah... What's the name & how much right? Brace yourself...


Thyche Black for only $19.99 But wait wait!!! If you act now, it will come with a mini flat iron as well for free ANNNND a trail size Heat protectant Spray.. Seriously folks. I paid $20 for it and you can find it at several hair stores (in my hood anyway lol). It works WONDERS for $20, you can't beat it. I tossed my old flat irons to the side some costing up to $100.





How it looks in the package opened


The larger flat iron. I gave the smaller one to my Mom who has shorter hair and absolutely adores it!




Believe it or not, as short as my hair looks there once straightened, it had length






My flat ironing method:
  • Moisturize with Bee's wax (I get mine from Sally's Beauty supply for dirt cheap like $3 and it has a great thick consistency) because as mentioned in my previous video, I can not use grease and expect lasting results.
  • Make sure hair is detangled & use fine toothed comb placed in front of the flat iron and swoop down ONCE. That's all it takes.



Check it out, if you've used it let me know your take on this sweet find. Or if not, which flat iron do you use? What really does it for you?

-Besos
~Lovely Nita


No comments:

Post a Comment