Wednesday, May 30, 2012

You want HOW much for a fake flower arrangement?! Child please......

So I was browsing in one of my favorite stores with cute & original items to decorate your home and saw these cute floral arrangements that I really wanted to help spruce up my night stand. So I came across these...




I liked them... they were great focal points for what I was going for but I was really sold with this baby



Absolutely in love with the fact that they're white to give it that pure & comfortable feel. And then there was the price... $25(ish) NEXT!!!

This is where my pep speech came in, something along the lines of: "There is no way I'm spending that much on a fake flower arrangement. Granted it would last for a very long time but I can make my own for half of the price... **ECHO** "I can make my own for half of the price". So that's just what I did.

First stop Goodwill:
I kid you not, I paid $1 for this vase. Peeled the sticker and washed it out a few times.

Next and final stop Walmart:
The biggest part? Flowers of course! I didn't quite want roses but something slightly less formal & to match my bed spread as well as my personality a little more. Don't ask me what kind these are either, I want to say Carnations but I really don't think so lol Price: $3 and I grabbed 2 bunches.



I needed something to serve as a filler with the stems being so long as well as the vase kind of tall. I stumbled across these for $3.


Steps:
1. The fillers were immediately placed into the vase.
2. The stems were slightly longer than I cared for them to be so I used wire cutters and snipped them to a well liked length and stuck into the vase. I had to shift them around some so the stems were not seen.
3. I used white ribbon that I had lying around, enough to make into a bow. Then I used a hot glue gun to keep the ribbon in place on the vase. Pow pow!


I absofreakinlutely adore it! It's sitting on my night stand keeping my great great Aunt's mirror company along with my Yankee Candle in "Pink Blush"


Prices:
Vase from Goodwill: $1
Bunch of unknown flowers from Walmart: $3 x 2 = $6
Clear filler from Walmart: $3
The other items I already had so expenses aren't calculated giving me a grand total of $10 -vs- $25? I'll take it!

Do you have any self made flower arrangements? Do share! Besos

-Lovely Nita


No comments:

Post a Comment